When applying for or using a library card with us, our card is only able to be used at our location. You must apply in person.
Some Things to Know!
- When applying for a library card, you must present a photo ID and a proof of address such as a utility bill, a registration card, or anything with a matching address on your ID.
- Anyone under the age of 18 must have their parent/guardian sign the library card application.
- Library cards are updated yearly from the date you first received one to ensure information is staying up to date.
- Your first replacement card is free, after that they are $4.00 each.
Loan Periods & Fines!
We encourage you to contact us to renew your materials to avoid fines. Items may be renewed in person, by phone, or by email two times.
Patrons are responsible for their materials as soon as they are checkout out. Fines will be assessed for any damages, removed labels, or lost items while checked out to that patron.
- Books have a two week (14 day) checkout period.
- Books have a fine collection of $0.05 a day for a maximum of $5.00.
- DVDs have a one week (7 day) checkout period.
- DVDs have a fine collection of $1.00 a day with no maximum stopping point.
Patrons with $10.00 worth of fines will be unable to checkout anything until fines are paid.
Replacing Damaged or Lost Materials!
If library materials are lost, stolen, or damaged severely enough to require withdrawal from the collection, the patron on whose card the material was checked out, or the patron assuming responsibility for the child on whose card said material was checked out will be charged a replacement fine of the listed system price.
Patrons must pay this fine or bring in a replacement copy of the material. Replacement copy must be in barely used or new condition and be exact to what they are replacing i.e. paperback for paperback, hardback for hardback, Blu-ray for Blu-ray and so on.